- This event has passed.
Free Class on RMDs taught by Michael Burleigh
March 4 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pmFree
Changes to qualified retirement accounts and IRS mandated Required Minimum Distributions (RMDs)
bring advantages and disadvantages. Some changes have the potential to be beneficial; however, you must make
sure you are working with the current and up-to-date information so you can avoid costly mistakes.
MAKE SURE YOU UNDERSTAND THE NEW LAW
As of 2020, the new law mandates you start taking RMDs from your qualified retirement accounts once you
reach age 72. The new provisions can be complex, with unforgiving consequences. Make one small error and
you, and/or your heirs could be hit with severe penalties. This presentation will bring clarity to how the new
changes impact your retirement, and how to avoid IRS problems.
TOPICS WE’LL COVER INCLUDE:
• Provisions of the New SECURE Act, just passed into law January 2020, that you must
follow to be in compliance with the IRS
• How to calculate your RMDs considering the new law
• How the age change and the timing for RMD withdrawals will affect you
• Whether Roth conversions make sense considering the latest changes
• Tax-saving strategies to offset additional taxes that could result from your RMDs
• Asset allocation strategies to help you avoid cannibalizing your principal when you are
taking RMD distributions
Make sure your RMD strategy is optimized best for you.
Find out what you need to know to avoid the 50% IRS penalty!
This complimentary educational event is provided as a public service and comes with no obligation.