- This event has passed.
FREE Class on Required Minimum Distributions (RMDs)
September 23, 2021 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pmFree
New Tax Laws, a New administration, a New Senate and Congress. Recent changes to qualified retirement accounts
and IRS mandated Required Minimum Distributions (RMDs) bring advantages and disadvantages. Some changes
have the potential to be beneficial; however, you must make sure you are working with the current and up-to-date
information so you can help avoid costly mistakes.
MAKE SURE YOU UNDERSTAND THE NEW LAW
As of 2021, the new law mandates you start taking RMDs from your qualified retirement accounts once you reach
age 72. The new provisions can be complex, with unforgiving consequences. Make one small error and you and/or
your heirs could be hit with severe penalties. This presentation will bring clarity to how the new changes impact your
retirement and how to help avoid IRS problems.
Topics we’ll cover include:
• What is an RMD, and why are millions of Americans caught off guard?
• Strategies for dealing with New Capital Gains Tax Rates.
• Income Strategies in today’s low interest rate environment.
• How to calculate your RMDs considering the new law.
• How the age change and the timing for RMD withdrawals could affect you.
• Whether Roth conversions make sense considering the latest changes.
• Tax-Saving Strategies under the new administration.
• Asset allocation strategies to help you avoid cannibalizing your principal when you are taking
Make sure your RMD strategy is optimized best for you.
Find out what you need to know to help avoid the 50% IRS penalty!
This complimentary educational event is provided as a public service and comes with no obligation.